About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Six Things That Make Me Happy :)


When Sarah Klassen tagged me to post about six things that make me happy, I felt happy just by the invitation. Thank you Sarah! It was fun and enlightening to think about it. Here's my list ~

1) My daughter ~

My favorite thing to do is to wake her up. I start with soft kisses on her face and whisper in her ear "time to wake up my love." Then she stretches and coos and I kiss her from head to toe. She laughs and giggles ~ its the best way to start everyday.

2) My Home ~

I have spoken about doing my home many times on my blog ~ waiting years to do it ~ the craziness.... but there isn't a day that goes by that I don't appreciate it. Every time I walk through my living room and see the sun room in the distance, I am soothed. When I go into my bedroom, I feel glamorous. Wonderful feelings!

3) Innovation ~

Innovation is defined as:
1. something new or different introduced.
2. the act of innovating; introduction of new things or methods.
(dictionary.com)


New things, new ideas, teaching the world, new ways of caring.....



Frank Lloyd Wright, Mother Teresa, Marie Curie, Norman Borlaug


That is why I love doing design. Each design is an innovation, creating something that didn't exist before. Will it effect the world as the ones above did? No, but it will make someone happy.

4) Charity Work ~

I grew up watching my mom do charity work. I always new I would do it too. The thing is it makes me happy to help. That's a win ~ win situation in my book. Even if I have the worst day, I find focusing on things outside of myself to be very helpful. It blows the black cloud away. I also look for vendors and manufacturers that share my belief in giving back and I support them with my business. If you read my blog, you have seen my Charity Spotlights.....



Charity Spotlight ~ LAWS





Charity Spotlight ~ Save the Music



5) My Friends ~



Not a great picture of me but here is one of my groups of friends at High Point Market ~ that was a fun trip! Seriously, where would we be without our friends to call on, to share with, to know you'll be loved even on your worse bad hair day (see above).


So very true!

6) Music ~

I am pretty sure I would not be able to live with out it. It inspires me, comforts me, elates me, enlightens me. It is with me through thick and thin, ups and downs, all along the wild ride called life....

I could show many, many songs but my three all time favorites will suffice ~










Now I get to pass the task to six ladies to share What Makes Me Happy ~

*Boulevard Interior Design
*Katiedid
*My Little Happy Place
*The City Sage
*Design by Delight
*Hooked on Houses

I look forward to your posts!

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag, Paula - I'll get workin' on it!

    P.S. - Your daughter is adorable, and your home is beyond gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tag. I've got my ideas. I'll post next Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! Your daughter is beautiful. There's something special about having a little girl. :-)

    I'll be thinking about how to narrow all of the things that make me happy down to 6!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Julia, there is something special about having a little girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful picks and pictures ~

    I knew you would have an amazing and thoughtful selection! And your daughter is beyond cute -- that tutu is so sweet. You have such a lovely home, also, with such a wonderful warmth...

    I agree with all of your choices...I'm listening to a beautiful song right now, called "La Coin Perdu" from the movie "a Good Year". I find it always makes me feel at ease and happy...

    Have a lovely day ~ so glad you participated :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Paula! It is time I did start thinking about those six things. Number one: remembering to appreciate! OK...I'm on a role here.I will post next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You home is beautiful! Thank you for tagging me:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughters aren't little any more but they are just as wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for the tag Paul! Your daughter is absolutely gorgeous (clearly she takes after her mom!)

    It might take me a little while to get around to my six happy things, but I'll be sure to post them sometime soon!

    xo and thanks for thinking of me :)

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin