About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Monday, March 15, 2010

Timeless Tuesday ~ Seven

Welcome to Timeless Tuesday! Today I am writing about a Design Day at the Washington Design Center. It was a lovely day full of great people, interesting learning, and fantastic new products ~ this list is always timeless for me ~ people, learning, quality products. I was able to meet the gorgeous Celerie Kemble. She and Jamie Drake moderated by House Beautiful editor, Stephen Drucker, spoke about trends in respect to clients and furnishings.

It was a wonderful discussion. You may read it pretty much read it in full at Jennifer's great blog ~ DC by Design.

I also spoke with Barry Dixon and congratulated on his new fabric line with Vervain. I gave his line a good peruse. I must say, he has some wonderful ones. I loved a few of them so much I ordered memos for a current project. Let me show you what I mean...




Lush!

Simple and elegant.


Spectacular!

I love this tone on tone. Wonderful texture, sumptuous hand, and fresh pattern.



Same as above ~ wonderful, sumptuous, fresh ~ gorgeous!

Versatile and lush.

Love this contemporary one!

There are some that I actually drooled over ~ don't worry, none got on the fabrics. The one above is just one example.

Wonderful take on paisley!

Drool! The hand on this is magnificent.

Drool! This is sure to be a timeless classic.


Drool, drool, drool! I love this one. The texture, pattern, hand, sheen, colorways.... LOVE!

Barry's line had a wonderful composition of contemporary and traditional fabric. Very well rounded, exceptional quality, and very fresh. I can see using this line for a very, very long time. Now that is timeless design at its finest.

Now it is your turn to share your classics or trends you hope become timeless...

1) Add your permalink below ~ not your blog's address in general but the specific post you want people to visit. To obtain the actual post link, click on the title of your post once you have published it and copy and paste the URL into Mister Linky.

2) Leave your name and say a couple of words to describe your post (e.g. "Coco Chanel suits" or "Classic interior design for children" or "Delicious meals in a snap."

3) Copy and paste the Timeless Tuesday logo button (on my right sidebar) to your Timeless Tuesday posts. This is a sure way for your readers to know you have joined in the party.

4) Link back to the host blog, that's me ~ Paula Grace Designs Blogspot Timeless Tuesday ~ so all the bloggers that joined the party will receive many interested visitors.

3 comments:

  1. wah! wah! I want to live in a bigger city and go to cool things like this!! I end up travelling sooo much to get to things that it wears me out! I love the fabrics! Drool is right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely fabrics. Annie at Bossy Color Blog has a nice post about the design event as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you posted pictures. I had heard that his new fabric line was fantastic. Looks like the chatter was right.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin