About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Saturday, July 25, 2009

National Symphony Orchestra ~

As you get to know me, I am a fan of and believer in music ~ all types of music. There is a connection between music and the development of the brain ~ more on that to come. I love music, need it really. I wanted to introduce my daughter to the National Symphony Orchestra (NSO) but wondered how I would do this as many six year olds don't sit still in a fancy theater. Hmmm........?????

Enter Dorothy.....


Yes, that Dorothy!

The NSO did a Wizard of Oz concert at my beloved Wolftrap. My daughter LOVES the Wizard of Oz. In fact, she was Dorothy last Halloween. What a concept! The movie was shown on large screens. The music was excluded from the soundtrack ~ we heard every spoken word ~ but the music throughout the movie was played live by the NSO. There we were sprawled out on our blankets enjoying one Lauren's favorite movies and watching the conductor and musicians. The conductor was Emil de Cou....


He did a wonderful job.

Lauren, of course, wore her Dorothy costume. She looked adorable ~ her long blond hair done in braids complete with blue ribbons. She was treated like a rock star ~ everyone ooo-ing and aawww-ing. She liked that.

Lauren now understands were the music comes from when she watches the movie. She sees what an enormous role the music plays ~ elaborating every scene, taking our emotions on a guided tour. Try to imagine that movie without the music the next time you watch it... or any movie for that matter. It would not be the same; not even close.

So here's my thought... where would the world be without its art? All forms of art, of creativity... I don't want to picture that... ever.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, I love it when I stumble upon a designer's blog... so inspirational ~ love your Fun Friday Yoga post!

    All the very best,

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin