About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Monday, May 10, 2010

Timeless Tuesday Number Fourteen


Welcome to Timeless Tuesday #14! Today, I am covering 'jewelry' sort of...


Beaded from PR Guerin

Have you ever changed the knobs or pulls on a piece of furniture or cabinet and saw the incredible change that can happen? I have. By simply changing out the knobs, a piece can have new life. I like giving things new life. It repurposing and that is eco-friendly and that makes it a timeless classic.

A brand new piece of furniture can be made to look like a timeless classic also by selecting knobs that convey this. This is a wonderful thing to know if you are on a budget. The knobs can really be considered the jewelry. We all have varying tastes and styles. Knobs can reflect yours just as the jewelry you wear does. Here are a few examples...


CK-3007 and CK-5005 both from SA Baxter


Clear Glass Bead with Hardware #4 from TE-MA; Louis XVI from PE Guerin


Cockatoo and Peacock Lady both from Notting Hill


Duo Square and Nu Lily both from Susan Goldstick

So you see, one may have classic, whimsical, artistic, contemporary.... the sky is the limit. Knobs and pulls let you show off the real you and the real you is always a timeless classic.

I recently designed a lovely buffet for wonderful clients of mine. The knob I specified is one of the above. I'll give you a hint ~ the buffet is mahogany with antique silver leaf detail. I designed it to have an aged appearance as if it has been around for a spell. Knowing what you know about me and the brief description I just told you, can you pick the knob I am using?

Now it is your turn to share your posts about classics or trends you hope become timeless...

1) Add your permalink below ~ not your blog's address in general but the specific post you want people to visit. To obtain the actual post link, click on the title of your post once you have published it and copy and paste the URL into Mister Linky.

2) Leave your name and say a couple of words to describe your post (e.g. "Coco Chanel suits" or "Classic interior design for children" or "Delicious meals in a snap."

3) Copy and paste the Timeless Tuesday logo button (on my right sidebar) to your Timeless Tuesday posts. This is a sure way for your readers to know you have joined in the party.

4) Link back to the host blog, that's me ~ Paula Grace Designs Blogspot Timeless Tuesday ~ so all the bloggers that joined the party will receive many interested visitors.

7 comments:

  1. Hi paula! I am back at work ..I think...the move to new location is killing me as is shopping for furnishings for it! And the travel!! Geesh!! I have linked a post about more "jewelry"...but in the way of glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love clear glass knobs...they certainly are timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like to use glass knobs to transform everyday home decor. The book "Junk Beautiful" by Sue Whitney has a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the glass knobs. So pretty and transforming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your linky timeless parties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love glass knobs too! Those ARE the ones I have specified, Gorgeous ~ yes??

    ReplyDelete
  7. My 75 yr old house in Central Illinois had original glass door knobs, when I moved to Florida, I wanted to take them with me, but thought better of it! Let the new owner enjoy them.

    http://thewondersofdoing.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin