About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Thursday's Room ~ Tweens Continued

Wouldn't it be wonderful if installations were in one day like they are on HGTV?! Yeah, right ~ In the real world things don't happen like that. An installation can take weeks or months dependent on how much customization there is in the project.

Today I continue with the tweens rooms. The fabrication items are completed. The art has arrived. So has the wallpaper. Here's a sneak peak for the room with the purple ceiling...




The picture just above is the smattering of fabricated items that will be installed. Never mind the sofa they are laying on ~ we haven't gotten to that room yet :)

Here's the other room...



Both girls' drapes hang in a spare closet awaiting their debut...


It won't be long now my little dearies.... No I am not speaking to the tweens. I am speaking to the lovely furnishings that are patiently waiting to strut their stuff. It amazes me how attached I can become to a design. Awaiting the installation can be both exciting and nerve racking. Then comes the day that the full design is revealed and the joy is experienced by all. I cannot wait! There is something special about doing kids rooms though ~ creating a space only for them that illustrates who they are. It really is pure pleasure!

7 comments:

  1. As with all good design ,it cannot be done in a hurry , like fast food. Lillie James Muralist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like those fabrics for myself! I can't wait to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I love the fabrics in these rooms too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula, love your choices and can't wait to see the end result!!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, your choices are fantastic Paula. I absolutely love the art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking wonderful by the bits and pieces you've shown. And how true, while I adore HGTV, many of the shows do leave people thinking it takes very little time to pull a room together. I friend told me there was a behind the scenes Divine Design special that showed how the rooms really got put together and it made this friend, and client, see things much differently from then on! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Paula, it looks great. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin