About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Living Legend ~ Quincy Jones

You know I am a big fan of the Washington Post. I look forward to their Arts & Style section every Sunday. Today I was riveted. Why? You know music and I are one ~ well there is a story about living legend Quincy Jones written by DeNeen Brown. Mr. Jones, in my opinion, is the single most important person in American music thus far. In the article, he stresses the importance of knowing and understanding the history of American music; of learning, listening, and growing as an artist. He notes such greats as Coltrane, Davis, and Charles. He seems to completely get that the present and future are built on the past. Not that one imitates the past but internalizes what jives within you and making it your own and leaving out the parts that are incongruent with one's self. I couldn't agree more. Here is a link to the article. It's a great read and I learned a couple new things and that is a treasure.

1 comment:

  1. Paula, off to read the article, I agree an icon of the music world indeed!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin