About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Up Goes the Family Room Drapes

As you may know in my neck of the woods two story prevails! My home is no different. We have a lovely large bay in the family room. I had drapes from my previous home that would work wonderfully in this room but I had to think of how to connect them with new drapes to soften the two story windows. See the detail border on the lead edge and bottom of each panel?
I had the same detail on the original drapes. However I did not want to have dark two story drapes so I chose silk very similar to the wall color. The detail border though is in the same silk as the border on the original and...
where the original and new drapes meet, the bottom border continues the line.
And that's how the old and new connect! That and the fact that they are both in neutral silks. Rolling, rolling, rolling...

4 comments:

  1. Your home is amazing. Very excellent interiors. Such an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I appreciate the comment and the endorsement :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have 2 pairs of windows in my living room similar to yours (but not bayed) and am cosidering this floor to ceiling look. I need privacy, especially on the lower windows. Would you use sheers floor to ceiling or can I use sheers unique to each window and then the wall color would show between the windows? Any suggestions would be helpful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I would use sheers at all. I would use woven roman shades just on the bottom. I did just that in a client's home that had a similar issue and had difficulty with sun blazing in during the day. That look is current. I will do a post on it to show you.

      Delete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin