About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Conversation with Lauren

I have posted conversations with Lauren that leave me in awe before. This time is no different. You know I love art ~ can't live without it really. This is a painting I have in my home by Victor Klauss (represented by Art & Frame Source). I love it. When I look at at it, I see a women sitting, bent over perhaps out of exhaustion. Lauren said to me the other day, "Mommy, I don't see a women. I see a lion." She preceded to point the lion out to me. As soon as she literally pointed it out, I saw it too. Amazing! I love abstract art because people can see different things so each person's experience of it is their own. Lauren is a very confident, vocal little girl. It doesn't surprise me that she saw a lion. What does that say about me then when I see an exhausted women?? Hmmm??.....

What do you see?

2 comments:

  1. I see a woman bending over too, but to me she looks like a dancer (due to what looks like a backless leotard and maybe tutu). I think it's awesome that your daughter sees a lion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tried to see the lion, but wasn't able to, but before even reading what you or your daughter saw, i saw a woman bent over, kissing a man . . .

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin