About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Sunday, October 4, 2009

LAWS Gala

You all know that I am on the Board of LAWS. Last night, my husband and I attended the their Gala. The Gala specifically supports the children's services. What an evening! Great cause, great people, wonderful food and drink.... and dancing. Jim and I danced like maniacs. Very fun! There was also a silent auction, a blind bid auction, and a live auction. Many of my friends donated items and all were handsomely sold. I donated a Virtual / E-Decorating Design, which also sold well. Phew! Some photos for you.

Folks pondering what to bid on.


There were several wonderful trips for the taking ~ African safari, Cabo.....


Hmmmm?? Am I still the highest bidder???

This is the blind bid table... exciting spot to be.

Jewelry table.... I looked there for a long time....

Of course, Washington Redskins donated items for the Gala. They always support LAWS!

We made some purchases ourselves. We bought a lovely dinner for four prepared by a certified chef in our own home. Love that! Jim bought a fancy thermostat ~ which is funny because when we were reviewing items for the auction folks wondered if the thermostat would sell. I chimed in, "Yes because my husband will bid on it." Sure enough, he did. He also won the blind bidding for a round at a swanky private golf course. He said, "you don't want to know how much I bid." No I don't, it made him happy and that's all that matters.

There we are #64....

There's Jim and a buddy enjoying watching the frenzy below... the final bidders as the auction closes.....

Please take my bid!!!

There were many lovely people enjoying themselves AND supporting a great cause and organization....



Below, the gorgeous gal in blue strapless dress is Ruth, our Board Chairwoman.


These lovely ladies are volunteering their time to make sure the Gala runs as smooth as possible! Thank yo very much. You girls did a magnificent job!


I really had a wonderful time. The best part of it ~ a great time was had supporting an important cause and a stellar organization doing all they can to help those in need.

How wonderful!

If you would like to make a donation to support LAWS, please click here. Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin