About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Monday, May 14, 2012

Segreto: Secrets to Finishing Beautiful Interiors

Leslie Sinclair is in an amazing artist in Houston, Texas.  What is her art?  Creating beautiful finishes for your home.  I was asked to review her self-published book Segreto: Secrets to Finishing Beautiful Interiors.

I have to admit, I have not used much in the way of finishes described in Leslie's book.  I think it is because my clients have not asked for it much so I placed it on the back burner never really exploring it.  When I received the book, I immediately looked though all the pictures.  They are glorious.  Then I read the book.

I can now say I have a much better understanding of what can be done.  Leslie's book is very informative.  I understand the various plasters available and what each is used best for.  I have a better understanding of the different glaze techniques to achieve the desired outcome.

I think I had a narrow view of styles these lovely finishes could be used for.  Not so. Leslie has used them is virtually all styles with beautiful effect.

This is what Leslie's book can show you.  It expanded my view and showed me exceptional examples. If you want to learn more about interior finishing options and techniques, this is the right book for you.  If you simply want to see what it is supposed to look like, this book is for you too.  It can be purchased on Amazon for a mere $85.00.  Worth every penny.

Kudos Leslie!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your wonderful post about the Book!! It was truly a labor for me and am so excited that people are really liking it and using it as a design reference guide. Thanks again I am ever so appreciative!! xo Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Leslie for writing such a wonderful book and showing me what interior finishing can do.

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin