About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Traditional Wings

I have always loved wing chairs. There is something about them that makes me want to curl up with a soft, warm blanket, a hot cup of tea and a good book. There have been all kinds of interpretations of the classic wing chair. They all have there place. My eye always leans towards the traditional when it comes to a wing. It's classicism I enjoy the most. Here are a few of my favorites. Above is the Elliot Wing Chair from Hickory Chair. I'll never forget the first time I saw this chair. The lines on it are extraordinary. I was with my friend Pam at High Point Market and she exclaimed, "I think that's the prettiest chair I've ever seen."

The one above is from Bentley Churchill. The Huntington Wing Chair. I love the way the wing is rounded. I consider this to be feminine in style. The one below...


also by Bentley Churchill is on the masculine side. It is quite grand yet can still fit into smaller spaces given its width. This is the Retreat Wing Chair. Even the name beckons me.


How about this classic shape for places where rattan is in order. The Soleil Wing Chair from Palecek. See one can still have a wing chair in the solarium. The one below is even more traditional...

also by Palecek, the Sweaterweave Wing Chair. Sweaterweave... it all still makes me want to curl up in it and turn the pages of an actual book... you know the kind with the paper pages ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Paula I love wing chairs as well and these wicker styles are interesting. The very first is divine though!

    Please do come over to visit, I have a New Giveaway from Fresh Produce I think you will love!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin