About Interiors FurnishingsWorking with You Attache Design Press PGD Blog Contact Us

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Duravit, Axor, & Philippe Starck


I had the pleasure of attending the debut of Philippe Starck's creations for Duravit & Axor (Axor is the high-end, designer series of Hansgrohe). It was held at Union Hardware, Inc. in Bethesda, MD. A very swanky, long lived store specializing in high-end fixtures. Of course, Philippe has been designing for Duravit & Axor for 15 years. Duravit has enjoy their all time best seller with one of his designs....

Beautiful!

Yes, Philippe debuted a wonderful new shower series with Axor that would make every morning shower delicious. My picture does not do it justice, but you get the idea...



Rain shower above ~ not picture ~ way to go Paula Grace :( ~ and side showers that angle anywhere. Anywhere! Here's pictures of Philippe's tub.....



Now that is what I call a soaker!

But here is the real news.....


Duravit and Philippe have enter the kitchen market! That is a first. Who better than Philippe to take them there. Here are some photos that Duravit gave to me to show this magnificent sink....





But Paula Grace, it is only a sink?! Maybe that is what you are thinking however, I assure you, this is not your average sink. It is large and deep, able to hold almost anything (e.g pots and pans, large platters, small children). It can be configured several ways for right or left handed folks. It drains in ways that other sinks don't allowing a quick dry (aka decreased breeding grounds for God knows what). It comes in several colors and may be flush mounted or raised. You can incorporate cutting boards.....

Here's the best part of all ~ Duravit invented a new material that is the hardest surface known to man for kitchen sinks. The patent is pending. Do you love ceramic sinks? This sink is much harder than that ~ much! No chips allowed!

All I know is that I want one ~ badly. It is clean lined, elegant, functional, and ever so beautiful. Honey, I found something I want for my birthday!

Shhhhh..... Duravit told me they have more debuts coming soon for the bathroom ~ I am looking forward to that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How wonderful! You are leaving me a comment. Thank you!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin